|Job Category||Technical Lead|
|Job Level||Senior Level|
Location: Anywhere in the US or Canada | Location Preference: Chicago, Dallas, Springfield, Bay Area or Toronto
TA Digital is a digital transformation agency with 30-40% growth year-over-year focused on hiring leaders within the digital marketing space to support growth and build a scalable foundation for the future. Our vision is to provide innovative digital solutions and services by continuing to expand our leadership team and hiring superstars who may feel lost or marginalized within their current organizations.
If you feel:
- there are too many layers between you and decision makers
- that your current organization will not make the right decision even after you identify problems and recommend viable solutions
- you are ready for a bigger voice, larger platform or place for a stronger impact
…then you should consider TA Digital because we are ready to talk to you!
The Architect / Technical Lead, Magento serves as an integral part of TA Digital where you will interact with key stakeholders throughout the organization. We are looking for top-level candidates who are self-starters, who have a strong drive to lead teams, and who can roll up their sleeves for “hands-on” development, integration & implementation as needed in delivering quality solutions for our clients.
- The ideal candidate must be able to work both independently and as a lead to help mentor / train other application developers so that over time they improve their knowledge with the Magento platform
- Can single-handedly manage Proof-of-concepts or complex modules, develop client roadmaps and solutions.
- Translate functional requirements from business users into sound technical / application designs that meet business objectives
- Proactively offer solutions to complex technical problems while developing Custom modules and Extending Magento modules in addition to custom theme development to meet needs
- Participates in the development of implementation schedules, system implementation planning, and execution
- Work closely with Project Managers and developers to manage the project and ensure smooth execution
- Peer and off-line code reviews.
- Develops code that meets business /user requirements, IS quality standards and secure web development guidelines
- Develops and conducts system/unit test plans including user acceptance test planning and execution
- Hands-on development, coding as needed with the team.
- Meets project objectives within specified time frame parameters and defined requirements
- Help Magento Practice in practice initiatives and products.
- Support pre-sales team and work on Business proposals and project estimates.
- Responsible for various aspects of ongoing support and maintenance engagements.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience required (Magento Certification is desirable)
- 6+ years of continuous Magento 1 & 2 development experience
- 2+ years of Architecture design, solutions, proof of concept & documentation
- 2+ years of team leadership experience
- Strong functional and code level knowledge of all Magento products and all relevant commerce technologies including a solid understanding of Magento fundamentals. Magento Cloud experience is a plus
- Familiarity with the SDLC and Scrum Methodologies
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills with strong presentation and leadership skills
- Strong mentoring skills, ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels including strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Attention to detail, and ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale
- Expert PHP / Object Oriented Programming skills
Base Salary, Bonus, Benefits: Global Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D Insurance, Vacation / PTO / Holiday pay plus matching 401K, Tuition & Travel Expense Reimbursement as needed.
up to 30%
EOE & OFCCP Compliant regardless of: Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity / National Origin